The Levelgreen Lions Club is seeking volunteers to help rebuild the historic Trafford Lions Club
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! TRAFFORD LIONS CLUB
No upcoming events scheduled...
Search our site:
Trafford Lions Club: 77+ Years and Growing
On June 5, 1945, the Trafford Lions Club was founded to serve the community, our nation, and the world at large: business men and women banded together to help make a difference in the lives of our Trafford families, friends, and neighbors. The Lions serve worldwide, with over 1.4 million members in more than 200 countries.
For nearly 80 years, the Trafford Lions have served our community through charitable projects like
· Scholarships for graduating high school seniors
· Support to the Trafford – Level Green Christian Food Bank
· Public Library Support
· Community cultivation events
· Volunteer Fire Department Support
· Support for the Deaf and Blind
· Lucy DeHaven Picnic Pavilion
· Disaster restoration, here at home and around the country
· And so much more.
In addition to countless hours of community service, Trafford Lions sponsored the formation of another new club in 1949, the Level Green Lions Club, which continues to serve the community today. The Penn-Trafford School District is fortunate to have within the boundaries of our home area no fewer than four operating Lions Clubs: Bushy Run, Manor, Level Green, and Trafford.
The Trafford Lions Club was itself sponsored by the nearby Irwin Lions Club. Sadly, in 2023, the Irwin Lions Club suspended operations. Our hope is to help preserve the legacy of Trafford Lions Club community service for Trafford Borough in the decades ahead.
With the support of our neighboring clubs, the Trafford Lions are embarking upon a growth campaign. We are looking for like-minded men and women of all ages who would like to participate in efforts that help make Trafford a great place to live and work. Like many great neighborhood projects, ours begins with small steps, like this one – reaching out. If you would like to be involved in an upcoming service project or meet and greet opportunity, please reach out to us by email at TraffordPALionsClub@gmail.com. (Note the spelling – don’t forget to include the PA!)
· We’ll be staffing an activity table at the Westmoreland Heritage Trail Community Festival at B-Y Park on June 3, 2023, from 9:00 am – 2:00 pm. Stop by and take part in a fun family activity and chat with current Lions Club members about what we do, and why.
· We’ll be scheduling a Meet ‘n Greet reception this summer! Email us to get on the list to stop in and learn more about Trafford Lions. TraffordPALionsClub@gmail.com.