AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM WASTE MANAGEMENT
START DATE: October 25th, 2021
START DATE: November 03rd, 2021
Search our site:
Dear Valued Waste Management customer,
Because of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, Federal and State Declarations of Emergency have been issued that recommend non-essential employees shelter in place and/or work from home when possible to promote social distancing. As a result, Waste Management has significantly reduced its “field” work force and is focusing on the performance of essential services during this unprecedented emergency. Because of its importance to the health and safety of our society, municipal solid waste collection and disposal is deemed an “essential service” in most instances, and so Waste Management’s employees dedicated to collecting and disposing of trash are in the field continuing to perform this critical function.
In order for Waste Management to maintain its focus on municipal solid waste collection and disposal, and due to the reduced number of employees in the field, effective Tuesday, March 24, 2020, Waste Management is temporarily suspending the performance of the following services, which are non-essential during this period of emergency:
- Bulk Collection – furniture, carpet, mattresses, appliances, etc.
- Spring and bulk clean-ups
- Yard Waste Collection – grass clippings, brush, tree limbs, etc.
- All trash/refuse must be bagged & sealed (and wherever possible) placed in containers. LOOSE ITEMS WILL NOT BE COLLECTED.
- All recyclable materials must be placed inside recycling bin (including cardboard). ITEMS LEFT OUTSIDE OF BIN, WILL NOT BE COLLECTED.
- WM will enforce (bag and/or cart limits), as reflected in our current contract.
When the Declarations of Emergency and social distancing recommendations have been eased and Waste Management’s work force returns to pre-pandemic levels, these services will be restarted. Waste Management will provide notice when the service(s) will resume.
We have been a part of this community for many years and know that together we will be resilient. Thank you for your partnership during this critical time.